Monday, February 23, 2009

Bishop Haws

Well, our family is once again beginning a new adventure. Tommy was sustained as the Bishop yesterday of the newly reorganized Gallup 2nd Ward. He is nervous, excited and overwhelmed to say the least. I may be biased but I think my husband will make a great Bishop. I know that he will work with all his might, mind and strength for the Lord in the Gallup area. I know that he loves the people of Gallup. I feel truly blessed to have a husband who is so willing to serve the Lord in whatever calling he is asked. They have not called a new counselor in the Stake Presidency yet, so for a few weeks he will be serving in both callings. Hopefully, that will be resolved quickly.

I am a little nervous to be the Bishop's wife. I hope that I don't offend anyone in our ward and I hope that I am good enough. I will be sad to be released as the Relief Society President of our ward. I have only been in 7 months and was just getting the hang of things but I am willing to serve the Lord wherever I am asked.

We appreciate those that came to share in this experience and know that many more wanted to come but couldn't. We are so grateful for all of the love and support we have felt from family and friends.

2 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Tommy you will be a great Bishop and Eileen--don't even worry about being the Bishop's wife. Just be yourself and everything else will fall into place! Your family will be so blessed--congrats on the call!

The Johnson's said...

Oops, that should be Bishop Haws, you will be a great Bishop!