Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Recent Ramblings

Things have been a little hectic around our neck of the woods- so not a lot of posts. Work has been very busy, Church has been very busy and I am trying to unwind a few of the other community boards and activities I am on- but it does not seem to be working. You know the old saying- if you want something done, ask a busy person to do it.

Just wanted to reflect on a couple of things on my mind lately. First- as always this time of year, I think a lot about Dad. He passed away 18 years ago as of the 6th of April. I still am amazed at how much I think about him and sometimes ache to ask him advice on things. I am a big advice getter and giver (sometimes the giving is unsolicited and therefore annoying- sorry about that) so not being able to talk to my own father about parenting and other things seems like a hole that I cannot get filled completely. I know that he is on the other side doing things that he is called to do there- and I will not complain about missing him because I know that there will be a time that we will see each other again and he is still my father.

Conference was wonderful as usual and I am excited for Elder Neil L. Anderson as the newest member of the 12. He is a great teacher and man and he will be a great addition to that elite group.

Is it just me or does President Uchtdorf get more impressive each time he speaks? I really love listening to him.

Hope you are all well and happy. Our family is very blessed- hope yours is too.

No comments: